Labour Market Information
LMI stands for Labour Market Information, which refers to the relevant information about the current state of the jobs market with a particular focus on the local area. More specifically, it encompasses:
- The industries and businesses that operate in a certain area.
- The types of jobs that exist and what they involve
- The number of jobs currently in that field
- The skills that are currently or will be in high demand
- Commute and travel to work patterns
- Typical rates of pay
- Careers progression opportunities
Careerometer can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations and identify potential careers. It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as a description of the occupation.
Simply type in the title of the job in which you are interested, and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you. You can then look up another two occupations and compare. You can also select ‘display the UK average’ and compare the information with the occupation you have selected.
Explore other websites about the UK Labour Market
- Icould is a careers website which uses LMI for All to provide context alongside careers videos.
- U-Explore provide careers guidance solutions for schools and colleges using LMI for All in Start.
- SACU is an online source of careers information for young people, parents, teachers and careers advisers.
- RCU Ltd. is a data dashboard which draws on LMI for All data and is designed to help inform curriculum design.
- National Careers Service
For more websites that display labour market information have a look at our directory of LMI for All users.
Links to Local Employers
As a school, we are currently closely linked with Burmor Construction, based in Market Deeping, through our Local Enterprise Provider. This link provides students from all year groups with appropriate understanding of what this field encompasses and how it fit into Lincolnshire’s labour market.