Sixth Form Welcome and Overview
Sixth Form Open Evening Information
Welcome to Spalding Grammar School Sixth Form.
We are very proud of our Sixth Form, and would like to invite you to watch our videos.
You will find
Sixth Form Overview - A student perspective
Welcome from the Director of Sixth Form Studies (Dr Leadbeater) and the Headmaster (Mr Wilkinson)
You can also visit our Sixth Form Page for further information and on how to join us in September 2024
We look forward to meeting you all very soon! Please see below for the student overview and welcome from our Director of Sixth Form Studies and Headmaster.
A message from the Director of Sixth Form Studies and the Headmaster
We look forward to meeting you soon!
To apply to our Sixth Form, please see the apply section of our admissions page under the Sixth Form area
WHY CHOOSE SGS SIXTH FORM
Inspire Challenge Enrich
Come and join us, be Inspired, be Challenged, be Enriched.
For more than 400 years, Spalding Grammar School has served the young people of our local community. Today, it continues to be a thriving and successful grammar school equipping sixth formers with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in careers of distinction and influence.
You will find:
- Highly qualified and experienced professionals who are committed to providing excellent teaching and inspire you with their passion for their subject
- An extensive range of A Levels in addition to the Enrichment subjects, the freedom to challenge yourself with a variety of pathways and an exceptionally wide array of subject combinations
- Opportunity to develop Impressive leadership skills through the Prefecture, and superb interpersonal skills and confidence through trips and visits, the DoE Award, the Gainsborough Award and NCS
- Our students consistently achieve outstanding sets of results, combined with all the additional skills they will have gained from our Enrichment Subjects
- We have an exceptional success rate when it comes to getting students into their chosen universities
- With our own coffee lounge, Sixth Form Study Centre, Library, gym and dedicated subject facilities, you can be sure that you will have all the resources you need to help you excel in your studies.
GREAT PASTORAL SUPPORT
- The welfare of our students is our highest priority, and we aim to provide individual pastoral care that encourages independence, resilience and self-belief
- A team of dedicated tutors provide tailored support and regular mentoring for all Sixth Form students
- A planned Enhancement Programme in assemblies and Form Time helps our students developing strong study skills and strategies for independent learning, bridging the gap between GCSEs and life beyond school.
PROGRESSION TO NEXT STEPS
- Students leave our Sixth Form with a plan for their future, be that a place at university, a job or an apprenticeship.
- Whatever the preference, each student receives individual advice and guidance to help them make the correct decision for their next steps
- We have a very high success rate of placing our students on the most competitive university courses, including heavily oversubscribed degree courses such as Veterinary Science or Medicine and at the most prestigious universities, including Oxford and Cambridge.