- PE newletter article see PE department
- Letter to Parents August 2020 - see letters
- Letter to Parents July 2020 - see letters
- Results Days 2020 GCSE and A Level information- see Results Days 2020
- Virtual Sports Presentation Evening 17 July-see Latest News, News & Events page
- Virtual Open Evening Year 4/5 17 July - see Virtual Open Evening page
- Phase 7 work sent-Phase 7 running from Monday 6 to Tuesday 21 July
- 'Phase 6' work starts Monday 22 June to Friday 3 July- ParentMail sent 19 June
- School Information (Exams section)- Year 11,12 & 13 Subject Examination and revision guide information
- Land's End to John O' Groats SGS Challenge 2020- Update
- Letter from the Headmaster- Year 10 and 12 Reopening school -ParentMail sent 5 June
- 'Phase 5' work starts Monday 8th June and run until Friday 19th June- ParentMail sent 4 June
- Lands End SGS Challenge 2020- 24 May (Starts 1 June 2020)
- 'Phase 4' work starts 18 May-ParentMail sent 15 May
- Video message from the Headmaster-ParentMail sent 15 May
- Wellbeing-A-Z Student Welfare added
- Online resources-Phone app- Efficient notes from online working at home. ParentMail sent 5 May
- Home Study Guidance - Support Video-How to organise and prioritise during home study. Video link sent via ParentMail
- Competition Time -Virtual 'Bake off' competition for staff and students
- Letters- Letter from the Headmaster 3 April 2020
- General-PFA News- Raffle postponement, quiz and car boot cancellation
- General-Library Fines-Ignore overdue reminders
- Competition Time- Art Competition-Make a sculpture out of recycled materials- ongoing
- Competition Time- English Department Competition- Write a 1,000 word article
- Student Welfare- Safeguarding and E Safety page (School Information page-Student Welfare)
- PFA Raffle update 29 April 2020
- Competition Time- Nature on your doorstep photography- ongoing
- Competition Time- Create famous artwork- with a twist- Ongoing
- Phase 3 work starts 4 May 2020. ParentMail sent 1 May
- VE Day celebrations-8 May 2020. ParentMail sent 1 May
GCSE and A-level Information
To further support our current Year 10 and 12 students with their respective studies, we have published a list of current GCSE and A-level examination boards, specification codes and recommended revision resources. Please note that this has been collated based upon the status quo; and may be subject to change as the courses develop. A copy of this can be found here on the school website.
Another reminder that for those who require support, there are resources available on the ‘school communication’ section of our website (including a home study guide, blank and exemplar work)
Dear students and parents,
I hope you and your families continue to be well. We are fast approaching our final Phase of the academic year; with Phase 7 running from Monday 6 to Tuesday 21July.
We will continue to uphold high standards of work set by staff to best support the learning of students. Despite this being the final Phase and energy levels waning, we are committed to minimising any ‘lost learning’ as a result of this situation, to best support the education of our students. Therefore, we are asking for their continued diligence and your continued support for a final twelve school days, before everyone can have a much needed six-week break in the summer.
We will continue to upload work plans via Microsoft Teams (Mr Harris continues to make support materials for students), and we continue to see an increase in online TLA methods, including some Teams meetings and lessons. For those students involved in any Teams lessons, guidance is attached, by which students and staff must adhere to maximise effectiveness and safeguarding. Please note that these Teams sessions will usually be to supplement other work that teachers are sending students to explain a specific concept, and will not normally be a traditional ‘lesson’ as experienced at school. Teachers will send students an invite to join the meeting at least two days prior to it starting, and students must ensure they have read the attached procedures prior to the lesson.
May I finish by taking this opportunity to sincerely thank all students, parents and staff, on behalf of all the SLT, for all of the hard work invested in making online TLA so successful. Given the circumstances, we can all be extremely proud of the educational experience students have engaged with in the last few months. On 23rd March we had no idea we would be where we are today; but by everyone pulling together we have seen students achieving well, especially in comparison to other students and schools nationally, which is testament to the efforts of the entire SGS community.
Wishing you a safe and productive Phase 7, prior to a well-earned summer break.
Mr D Endersbee
Assistant Headteacher i/c Teaching and Learning